Position Title: Administration Officer
Church: NewDay Church
Position: Administration Officer
Reports to: Lead Pastor and NDC Leadership Team
Term: 1 year contract, 2.5 days a week
Remuneration:$26.5 per hour + superannuation
Start Date: 9th January
Date Reviewed: Annually
Location: 25 O’Brien’s Road, Figtree, NSW 2525
The purpose of this role is to:
1) undertake the administrative needs of the NewDay Church (NDC) community, it’s building and property,
2) provide support to pastors, ministries and leadership at NewDay Church, and
3) provide a single point of contact and support for non-pastoral needs.
The NDC Administration Officer will also provide assistance to NewDay Kids (NDK), a service of NDC, as required.
Essential Spiritual Attributes and Skills
- A personal and ongoing relationship with Jesus
- The spiritual gift of administration
- Outstanding relational and communication skills
- Be responsive and flexible to handle the changing needs of a church
- Ability to take initiative and direction where appropriate
- A keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and finds a way to get things done
- Operates with the utmost integrity and confidentiality
- Organised, trustworthy and reliable
The Administration Officer will be accountable to the Lead Pastor of NDC as well as its Leadership Team. They will also be directly responsible for relationships with:
- Volunteers throughout the office setting
- Co-workers throughout NDC and NDK
- Contact points in other businesses and organisation
- Hirers and other community members
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
Our Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Communicating on the church’s behalf through mail, e-mail, voicemail, txt etc. including the development of a weekly newsletter.
- Coordinating logistics and administrative support for church staff, leadership and lay leaders.
- Organising and overseeing the serving roster in conjunction with various teams operating within the church.
- Coordinating our facilities and resources with internal and external sources.
- Closely liaise with Leadership and Maintenance Team to ensure appropriate regulations and policies are met e.g. OHS, WWCC, Fire Safety etc.
- Responsibility and delegation throughout the office and its volunteers as well as being responsible for day-to-day visitors.
- Maintaining our online and hardcopy databases, systems and records including the Church Directory
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of surveys, annual general meetings, working bees and other clerical tasks
- Overseeing the security of the physical property (building, keys) and intellectual property including private information
- To be available to serve as needed, within reason, as required by the Senior Pastor or Leadership Team
Key Result Areas
- Overall Administration
Key Selection Criteria
KSC 1 Believe the same as stated at: http://www.newdaychurch.com.au/what-we-believe/
KSC 2 Strong clerical, communication and computer skills
KSC 3 A willingness to up-skill and learn new technologies where appropriate
KSC 4 Well organised with the ability to take initiative and direction where appropriate
KSC 5 Spiritual gift of administration
KSC 6 Has a keen attention to detail and is a well organised individual
KSC 7 Holds good standing in their current church community
KSC 8 Be able to produce a current Working With Children Check and Police Check
Read the full Position Description HERE.
All applications for the role should include a current resume and an accompanying response to the Key Selection Criteria. You are not required to be an expert at writing job applications – you just need to be able to, with God’s help, fill the role required.
Applicants will also be required to provide a minimum of 2 referees, one of which is a Pastor.
Send applications to: email@example.com
Address applications to: Lead Pastor
25 O’Brien’s Road, Figtree NSW 2525
Ph: (02) 4226 5022