Position: Business Administrator
Reports to: Lead Pastor and Centre Director
Term: 2 year contract, 5 days a week
Remuneration: $60,000-$68,000 + superannuation
Start Date: By negotiation
Date Reviewed: Annually
Location: 25 O’Brien’s Road, Figtree, NSW 2525
NewDay Church (NDC) is an organisation which operates NewDay Kids (NDK) Early Learning Centre and we are seeking a quality administrator across the whole organisation, in accordance with standards, such as:
- the NewDay Church Charter and Procedures
- Children (Education and Care Services National Law Application) Bill 2010
- Education and Care Services National Regulations
- National Quality Standard for Early Education and Care
- Other relevant legislation.
The role does not include teaching or pastoral duties.
At NDC, our vision and values are to be ‘Christ’s Family Serving Others’ which also represent the values we espouse and NDK is a Long Day Care Centre that provides 58 places per day. As a Centre owned and operated by NewDay Church our vision is to be ‘Christ’s Family Serving Others’ which also represent the values we espouse.
New Day Church website http://www.newdaychurch.com.au/
New Day Kids website https://www.newdaykids.com.au/
Download the Business Administrator Position Description HERE
- Able to work within the values of NewDay
- Strong interpersonal skills that support team work and a positive work environment
- Able to take initiative and adapt to changing situations
- Adept in learning and implementing new technologies, applications and systems
- An organised person able to self-manage and schedule work
- A keen attention for detail and understanding that the small stuff matters
- Operates with the utmost integrity and confidentiality
- All in all, a gifted administrator
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
Our Administration Officer will be responsible for:
Championing and embodying our values;
Developing and maintaining organised office systems, such as:
- Policy formatting and review
- Assist in the maintenance of records required by Association, Governments and other agencies
- Maintenance of volunteer and staff files
- Overseeing facilities hire and site security
- Overseeing the implementation of rosters and processing timesheets
- Managing ordering of products and consumables
- Scheduling maintenance and dealing with independent contractors eg cleaning, gardening
- Insurance claims
Completing a range of financial and reporting processes, such as:
- Account management (not including parent accounts)
- Input into accounts software and Payroll
- Budget reviews and Maintenance of petty cash
- Assistance with preparation of AGM and financial reports
- Reporting to NDC Lead Pastor, NDK Director, NDK Board, NDC Leadership Team and other stakeholders
Implementing and monitoring work health and safety processes such as:
- Scheduling and/or conducting workplace inspections
- Development/review of risk assessments
- Development/review of emergency management plans
- Carrying out required audits and checks.
- Maintaining positive relationships with church members, agencies as well as staff and families attending the Centre.
Attending staff meetings and NDK Board meetings as required.
Specifically, for NDC:
- Communicating on the church’s behalf through mail, e-mail, voicemail, txt etc. including the development of a weekly newsletter.
- Coordinating logistics and administrative support for church staff, leadership and lay leaders.
- Organising and overseeing the serving roster in conjunction with various teams operating within the church.
- Coordinating our facilities and resources with internal and external sources.
- Closely liaise with Leadership and Maintenance Team to ensure appropriate regulations and policies are met e.g. OHS, WWCC, Fire Safety etc.
- Responsibility and delegation throughout the office and its volunteers as well as being responsible for day-to-day visitors.
- Maintaining our online and hardcopy databases, systems and records including the Church Directory
- To be available to serve as needed, within reason, as required by the Lead Pastor or Leadership Team
Key Selection Criteria
KSC 1 Cert IV or Diploma level qualification in Business Administration or similar – desirable but not essential
KSC 2 A willingness to upskill and learn new technologies where appropriate
KSC 3 Well organised with the ability to take initiative and direction where appropriate
KSC 4 A keen attention for detail and understanding that the small stuff matters
KSC 5 A minimum of 3 years experience in a role that included responsibility for financial and accounting processes, including payroll.
KSC 6 A people person who is willing to be part of the NewDay Church Family
KSC 7 Be able to produce a current Working With Children Check and Police Check
All applications for the above position should include a current resume and an accompanying response to the above Key Selection Criteria.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address applications to: Lead Pastor
25 O’Brien’s Road, FIGTREE NSW 2525
Ph: (02) 4226 5022