We are looking for a Families Ministry Leader – someone with a heart for children and their families to join us in following Jesus and helping others follow Him.
Employment Type: 2 days per week (negotiable).
Bowral Church of Christ is a family of God’s people, located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW. We value community, connection and Christ-centred relationships.
The purpose of the Families Ministry Leader role is to invest in and continue to develop our ministry to children, youth and their families. This includes the planning, coordinating and running of the children’s ministry program on Sunday mornings, alongside the 10am service and, in addition, identifying and implementing creative possibilities for emerging ministry and discipleship opportunities.
Under the guidance of the Senior Pastor and the Bowral Church of Christ Leadership team:
- Plan, prepare, lead and facilitate the Sunday children’s programs during term time
- Plan, prepare and facilitate at least three family services annually
- Work collaboratively with others to support both discipleship and outreach to children, youth and their families
- Provide an environment which promotes the safety, welfare and well-being of
children, particularly during their participation in activities run by Bowral Church of Christ
- The development and implementation of an effective children’s ministry that supports families by encouraging and equipping children to be lifelong committed followers of Jesus.
- Completion of all relevant Safe Church training, as required, and provision of a child- safe and child-friendly environment.
- An authentic personal relationship with Jesus, seeking ongoing growth and spiritual maturity
- Humble dependence on God’s wisdom and strength, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, to do God’s will for God’s glory
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with young people, parents and other members of a church community
- Be a person of integrity, able to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working with children that may include running children’s or youth programs within a church setting
- Ability to manage and lead children, work with and support other team members
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and follow diligently through with tasks
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Commitment to Bowral Church of Christ, its vision, values and beliefs, as well as being accountable to its leadership
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development
- Be kingdom minded and willing to connect with, and participate in, the wider network of churches
- Hold a valid first aid certificate (or be prepared to complete the training)
- Compliance with Bowral Church of Christ’s Safe Church policies and legislative requirements as necessary, including ensuring that Working with Children Checks and other Child Safe requirements are kept up to date.
- Training in ministry from an accredited organisation.
For further information, please contact Colette Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org