Role: Families Pastor (part time, 3 year contract, 2dpw) Reports to: Lead Pastor
Remuneration: $33,674.67 + Superannuation Start date: By negotiation
Date reviewed: Annually. Location: 25 O’Brien’s Road, Figtree NSW 2525
The purpose of this role is to build what family is at NewDay Church (NDC) and to build into its families. Our NewDay family comprises of NewDay Church (NDC), NewDay Kids Early Learning Centre (NDK) and people connected with NDC from our local community.
Essential Spiritual Attributes and Skills
- A personal and ongoing relationship with Jesus
- Outstanding relational skills
- Is creative, vibrant, innovative and prepared to show initiative
- Operates with the utmost integrity
- Has a servant heart and is humble to God’s teaching and the direction of others
- Organised, trustworthy and reliable
- Be responsive and flexible to handle the changing needs of a church
The Families Pastor will be accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Leadership Team of NDC.
They will be responsible for the families and children connected with NDC as well as the lay leadership in the children’s ministry. They will also be responsible for the relationships they develop through engagement with NDK families and staff.
It is also the responsibility of each team member to maintain good relationship with all ministry and office staff, both volunteers and employed as well as holding healthy relationships across the church as a whole.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
Our Families Pastor will be responsible for:
- Supporting and championing our church values, stated as ‘Christ’s Family Serving Others’
- Building the value of ‘family’ throughout the life of NDC
- Implementing ministry to children throughout our church
- Coming alongside parents to support and empower the discipleship of their children
- Upholding and implementing all NDC policies and procedures, including Safe Church guidelines
- Leading the development of new and existing children’s leaders
- Contributing to engagement with families connect with NDK
- Being part of church life as beyond your ministry areas, including but not exclusive to events and prayer meetings where able.
- Alongside the Lead Pastor, being intentional in their own spiritual and leadership development including taking part in opportunities through Fresh Hope
- Meeting with the Lead Pastor weekly as well as being part of yearly review
- To be available to serve as needed, within reason, as required by the Lead Pastor or Leadership Team.
Key Result Areas
- Contributing to Christ’s Family Serving Others
- Personal spiritual growth
- Developing and maintaining fruitful relationships
- Seeing families and children engage with Jesus and His Church
- Building and growing healthy ministries
Key Selection Criteria
KSC 1 Profess the same beliefs as stated at: http://www.newdaychurch.com.au/what-we-believe/
KSC 2 Builds healthy relationships with a broad range of people
KSC 3 Is passionate to see children and families grow in their relationship with God
KSC 4 Has had previous experience in ministry to children in a church context
KSC 5 Demonstrates the ability to build, grow and train leadership teams
KSC 6 Holds good standing in their current church community
KSC 7 Someone who has undergone studies relating to children, families and/or ministry (or is willing to) and can produce a current Working With Children Check and Police Check as part of this interviewing process.
All applications for the above position should include a current resume and an accompanying response to the above Key Selection Criteria. Applicants will also be required to provide a minimum of 2 referees, one of which is a Pastor.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address applications to: Lead Pastor