Position Title: Pastor
Location: Ainslie Church of Christ, ACT
Hours: Part time 3.5 days / week (ongoing)
Hours are negotiable up to full time
Remuneration: The role will be paid according to Churches of Christ in NSW and ACT recommendations +15% super. Manse accommodation is available.
About the Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic and community minded minister to collaboratively lead our ministries@Limestone and help build our community through:
- Teaching, worship and discipleship training.
- Maintaining and extending our existing community outreach and pastoral care.
- Reinvigorating our existing programs for children.
- Developing programs for young adults and families.
- Leading and further developing spirituality within the church.
- Be passionate about Jesus and His church.
- Authentically model the love of Christ to all.
- Accept all people regardless of race, gender, language, religion, sexual orientation, political or other opinion, nationality, ethnic or social origin, disability, birth or other status.
- Show concern and care for all people, especially those struggling with their spiritual, physical, emotional and mental well-being.
- Provide services and programs that promote physical, emotional and spiritual health for our community.
- Work with the leadership team to develop the church as a community hub.
- Embrace the opportunities of diversity, partnerships, and the empowerment of others.
- Encourage and support all members to become a part of, not apart from, our community to serve our church and local community.
- Have undertaken a formal theological degree and be accredited with or willing to be accredited with Churches of Christ in NSW and ACT.
- Minimum 5 years’ ministry experience preferred.
- Must have obtained valid working rights in Australia
Key Relationships and Responsibilities
Accountability: Be accountable to the Church Board and Church members.
Spiritual leadership: Provide spiritual oversight. Facilitate weekly worship services and Bible study groups, supported by our members.
Community engagement: Oversee and support community activities, such as the weekly op-shop, community gardens and youth programs.
Personal growth and pastoral care: Work with the pastoral care team to support our community members, including vulnerable older parishioners.
More Information and How to Apply
More information about our church is available in our Church profile.
Enquiries or applications including a cover letter and resume should be emailed to: email@example.com
Ainslie Church of Christ (ACT)
82-88 Limestone Ave, Ainslie ACT 2602
(02) 6247 3520